Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bird Spy Project Report -Here's the dirt

[For those of you who don't know what the Bird Spy project is, kindly refer to my previous post.]

Yeah, so the whole daily project report thing didn't happen. There just wasn't that much to write about. Twitter was painfully boring! If I thought that there was even the slightest chance that twitter would seduce me, I was so wrong. So, here is my first and final Bird Spy project report.

I joined twitter and started "following" about 72 people that twitter recommended I follow. By the end of Day 1, I had about 8 followers of my own. First of all, what is this following stuff all about? It seems as though twitter is the biggest endorser of stalking in the world. I follow you, you follow someone else, they follow me... we all go around in circles. What fun.

So anyway, my Twitter home page started to show me random rubbish from 72 different people. Taking my cue from them, I started to post random rubbish of my own. It was like a whole world of people talking to themselves. There was this class of the twitter elite who posted stuff almost every 5 minutes or so. Even for the sake of research, I could never get myself to join that particular class. I could barely update my profile every hour or so and even that was only because I was trying so hard.

What would you possible tweet about, if you spend so much of your time tweeting? Shouldn't you maybe get your butt away from the computer and actually do something worth tweeting about? Otherwise wouldn't your Twitter profile eventually end up looking something like this:

Birdbrain @ 9:30 pm Had a burger and fries for dinner

Birdbrain @ 9:32 pm Twittered about my dinner

Birdbrain @ 9:34 pm Twittered about twittering about my dinner

Birdbrain @ 9:36 pm Wondering what to twitter about next

Birdbrain @ 9:38 pm Twittered about wondering what to twitter

Birdbrain @ 9:40 pm Twitter rocks. Whoopie bloody doo.

It's madness. Pure unadulterated madness. These people need nirvana from the cycle of twittering and thinking about twittering. There really is more to life. Seriously!
So, on this happy note, I declare the Bird Spy Project closed.
In the end, joining Twitter is a personal choice. It just isn't for me or for people like me, that's all.
RIP Twitter

1 comment:

Cuckud said...

hahahahha... retard..!